Powered By Blogger

Monday, May 4, 2015

Time to Say Goodbye


                        Finally after a long semester of working with my blog it has finally come to an end. This blog was created as part of the Journey in Literature class. The class revolved around the concepts of internal and external journey and the blog played a important role on channeling our external journey. Since it is finally over as used to, I will reflect upon the experience and offer closure to my blog A Road Worth Travelling.

                        After adding this final blog i will have completed my 14th blog. The blogs were mostly about class readings, movies, conferences, and assignment reflections. They all have some relation to the "journey" theme, also  "identity" and "perspective" themes were present in most blogs.

                        Looking back on my older blogs I notice that there has been a lot of change between the way i started writing and now. First of all the style has gradually changed from an essay-like blog, to more of an actual blog. I allowed myself to express my ideas in my writing rather than completing a mere task. I also learned how to better implement visual aids, and use external sources for reference. I also noticed i have improved my methods for presenting an idea and getting my message through. It has become much more simpler and straight forward which I believe is a more effective method.


                        Commenting is another skill that I have gained while making this blog. Aside from making our blog we were also instructed to comment on our partner's blogs. At first most of us didn't really commented that much and when we did comments weren't all that good. We after learned from an article on the art of commenting called Sharing and Responding by Peter Elbow. He offers a few techniques on how to make useful and correct commentaries. My favorite technique was "I believe...", it consisted on picking a premise and explaining why do you support and believe it ( it can also be used negatively as "i don't believe...").  Once the comments started improving they were a really useful tool to improve or edit previous or future blogs.
                        

My favorite post was "Tourist For a Day", which consisted on me visiting a touristic area and describe my experience. I was supposed to make myself as much of a tourist as possible to really appreciate how others were around tourists. It was a great tool for understanding the concept of perspective and was a really fun assignment to do.




                        Overall the blog was a useful experience that helped me develop myself as a writer and critical thinker. It combine many abilities such as creativity, redaction, and originality. I can't say I enjoyed the project as a whole because most of the time it was frustrating but it is one of those things you come to appreciate when you see the final product. I hope you all enjoyed my blog and "in case I don't see you, good afternoon, good evening, and good night." (The Truman Show)





No comments:

Post a Comment